I will be your voice!

To the world, you are just one, but to me you are the world.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Scientists fear MMR link to autism

On my son's Michael's behalf I will say that without Dr. Wakefield's courage to publish his findings, I would not have been able to help him. I remember going to Regional Center for help and their expert advice was to put him on psychotic medications. Every time I tried to get help from a doctor, Michael got treated like just another crazy person. Though the MMR is not the only culprit in his autism, since DTaP left him lethargic and he didn't smiled much and lost all eye contact, after receiving it, the MMR condemned him to a life of pain and 12 years later the pain continues. 


New Study proves once again that Dr. Wakefield's findings were accurate. 


New American research shows that there could be a link between the controversial MMR triple vaccine and autism and bowel disease in children. 

The study appears to confirm the findings of British doctor Andrew Wakefield, who caused a storm in 1998 by suggesting a possible link. 

Now a team from the Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North Carolina are examining 275 children with regressive autism and bowel disease - and of the 82 tested so far, 70 prove positive for the measles virus. 

Last night the team's leader, Dr Stephen Walker, said: 'Of the handful of results we have in so far, all are vaccine strain and none are wild measles. 

'This research proves that in the gastrointestinal tract of a number of children who have been diagnosed with regressive autism, there is evidence of measles virus. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-388051/Scientists-fear-MMR-link-autism.html#ixzz1AhBevkzW
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I read your comments with interest and what you say is very concerning.

However, isn't it also true to say that the majority of children receive the MMR jab, and that it stands to reason that a group of children will have the vaccine strain, irrespective of whether they have autism?

Lee.

~Zurama Arencibia Nuñez~ said...

Each person is different and is affected in different ways by the same substances.

Kelsi said...

Glad I found your blog. I totally agree, and it's scary how much society tries to hide this!!!! My son was on a delayed shot schedule (best of both worlds or so I thought). Wouldn't you know, he lost his language at 2 1/2, a few months after his vaccines! So incredibly frustrating. He is now diagnosed with Autism from one psych and Aspergers from another (because of how "late" his regression was). Anywho, I'm definitely following you. Come say hi at ModernMomRedefined.blogspot.com

Grant Nerison said...

I cant even imagine how you must feel having a child with autism. It can be frustrating so you look for something to blame. Many people like to put the blame on the MMR vaccine because there is no other place to put it. I am very sorry and hope that you can work through the struggles you have, but I can gaurntee that MMR vaccine did not cause your child's autism. I know you say that the signs showed up shortly after your child was vaccinated, but every child is recommended to have the vaccine in the same time period (usually 10-12 months). This so happens to be around the same time frame children start to show signs of autism. It is a coincidence more than labeling the MMR vaccine as the culprit. I hope that everything is well for you! My regards and prayers.