I will be your voice!

To the world, you are just one, but to me you are the world.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Jenny MacCarthy vs Amanda Peets


Last summer Amanda Peets comments In Cookie Magazine, angered a lot of parents, who choose not to vaccinate their children and others who blame vaccines for their kids autism; She said, "There are a lot of misconceptions about the dangers of vaccinations...but frankly, I feel that parents who don't vaccinate their children are parasites." She since apologized by saying, “I believe in my heart that my use of the word ‘parasites’ was mean and divisive…For this I am truly sorry.” Jenny McCarthy spoke out against her comments and does not accept the apology from Peets.

I belive that Jenny and Peets both have a right to their opinion, but for Peets to call us parasites, was of very hurfull and of poor taste and it brings into question her creditability. Without someone like Jenny to speak on our behalf, we would have no voice.

I do think that Jenny speaking out on a subject that hit so close to home will have an influence on how parents look at vaccinations.The Mercury moms have been screaming for years about what vaccines did to our children and Jenny has the power to relay that message and it will be heard.

In a stament in the next issue of Spectrum Magazine,McCarthy whose 6 year-old son, Evan, was vaccinated and since diagnosed with autism, says, “Peet has a lot of nerve to come forward and be on that side, because there is an angry mob on my side, and I like the fact that I can say she's completely wrong.”

Meanwhile Peets has agreed to become a celebrity spokesperson for rival child welfare group Every Child By Two, which according to Age of Autism, has ties to vaccine manufactures: Read full article here. Since learning about this, Executive Director of McCarthy’s autism advocacy group, John Gilmore, is calling for a boycott of Peet’s films.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Amanda Peet is a moron and is related to Dr. Paul [Profit] Offit!