I will be your voice!

To the world, you are just one, but to me you are the world.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mickie Has Been Cranky


Yesterday, when I picked Mickie up from the bus, the driver told me that Mickie looked like he was crying on the ride back from school. I know they don't like him in that class and Mickie like most kids on the autism spectrum, can sense, when someone doesn't appreciate them. Something is not right with him, but I can't tell what it is.

Last night he fell asleep early, without his melatonin, but he was up by nine. I got up seven times throughout the night to check on him and every time I walked in his room, he was sitting on the corner of his bed wide awake and watching TV.

I was so tired this morning, that I woke up late. I didn't think I was going to have enough time to get him ready for school, but I did. I told the bus driver to tell the person who picks up Mickie from the bus, at school to please be patient with him, because he didn't sleep last night. I just feel that he is going to be all kinds of cranky today.

I couldn't be sure that she would remember, so I called his teacher. I let her her know about last night, but she said that he was actually being very good this morning. He was watching Dora the Explorer and was listening very quietly. Well who knew? Maybe he does better on less sleep. I wish I could say the same for me.

3 comments:

kristi said...

My son takes Melatonin too and he didn't have his last night. But he must have been super tired because he slept all night!

Karen DeVeaux said...

I have a highly functional autistic teenager and your blog touched me. Have you checked out the reversingautism yahoo group yet? Andrea leads the group and has helped many people who spent thousands elsewhere with nothing to show for it. She has inexpensive ways to help and is now traveling and providing workshops. She is awesome! Good luck on your journey.

~Zurama Arencibia Nuñez~ said...

I have tried most alternative treatments, some for months and other he has been on for years. I still believe, he can improve in time, but I wonder if enough to take care of himself someday.

The only two I have not tried are Stem Cell-which I'm kind of skeptical about and HBOT.